Magnetek is your source for custom power solutions that optimize your specific power control application. We have over 30 years and 10,000 drives of experience designing and manufacturing state-of-the-art industrial power controllers. From transportation and mining, to marine and locomotive applications and more, we create custom power solutions that help our customers get the job done.
A Custom Drive Can Provide Many Benefits to Your Application
Adjustable operating speeds, torque limits and controlled stopping allow smooth operation and torque control from stall to 400Hz.
Increased Energy Efficiency
In a single year, a motor often consumes energy worth about 10 times its initial cost. A custom drive can improve the power factor, reduce in-rush currents and maximize peak demand charges to minimize energy consumption.
Greater Reliability and Reduced Maintenance Costs
The cost savings do not stop with just increased efficiency. Tremendous mechanical shock for both the motor and connected load is eliminated via the ability to control starting torque. This significantly reduces the wear and tear on the connected load, as well as the motor, reducing mechanical breakage and down time, thus extending the life of motors and mechanical components.
When you choose Magnetek, you can be assured you're getting the most advanced, proven control technology available.
We’ll design and build an AC or DC drive to meet your exact specifications, producing the maximum power output with the highest efficiency.
We’re committed to your success, and making your experience with us easy—you’ll work with the same team from start to finish.
We design, build and test our products in our ISO 9001:2008 certified, state-of-the-art manufacturing and test facilities.
We employ some of the top engineers in the power control industry, who focus on delivering your custom power control solution quickly and cost-effectively.
Our Application Experience Includes:
- Mining equipment—battery haulers, conveyors, and drills
- Marine/workboat applications
- Port and distribution tractors
- Electric & hybrid buses, cars and shuttle vehicles
- Continuous haulage
- Pumps, fans and more
Custom Designed Power Control Products Include:
- 1000V Air and Liquid Cooled Variable Frequency Drives
- Severe Duty AC and DC Traction Drives and Controls
- Firing packages, power bridges, harnesses and switch boxes
- Broad range of options available
- Utilizing the latest Isolated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and Silicon Control Rectifier (SCR) switching technology
- Communication options—A choice of commonly used protocols are available to fit communication needs for easy system integration, i.e., Ethernet, Modbus, IMPULSE®•Link and others
- Packaging—Our flexible building block approach allows us to configure a unit to your exacting requirements
- Real-time diagnostics for preventative maintenance and trouble-shooting versus costly down time and repairs
- Wireless radio frequency transmitters and receivers
Magnetek Technicians are MSHA Certified
Magnetek Mining has completed Part 46 Training from the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). This 32-hour training certification allows our technicians to enter underground or aboveground mines, allowing us to assist you with start-up procedures and to see our equipment operating in an actual mining environment.